Tonight the Monday (Barrow Green) Scout Troop does not have sufficient uniformed leadership available.
We have one assistant leader on holiday. Four other uniformed leaders who might be called upon to assist (myself, Pete Record, Arthur Miller and Tony Pearson) were all up all night on Saturday night with the Colditz Night Exercise. That leaves one leader only. We can’t run Scouts properly on that basis.
Therefore Scouts tonight, Monday 20th March, has to be cancelled.
Scouts should take place next week Monday 27th March.
Working Party and LUNCH and LEARN – come and join us at the Scout Hut on Saturday January 14th between 1000 and 1500 and see what we are up to, help us a bit and have a bite to eat. All welcome.
All uniformed Beavers, Cubs and Scouts should attend in full and smart uniform. Scouts living in Hurst Green should attend at St Aggie’s Hall and march to St John’s Hurst Green. Scouts living north of the A25 should attend at the Royal British Legion and march to St Mary’s Oxted, Please do ask for advice on this if you need more guidance or have any questions. Times for HG and OX are slightly different; you will be fully advised of details in due course
At the Oxted Christmas Market event on Sat 26th November, the Group will hold a Chocolate Tombola.
Please can we ask parents to send in chocolates that can be used for this fun fund-raiser!!!
The Cubs & Scouts will have the chance to go on a number of camps during 2017. These are:
- Scouts: Winter camp at Broadstone, 27-29 January, cost £55/head – click here for details
- Cubs: District Cub Camp, May 2017
- Scouts: Scoutabout at Ardingley Showground, 7-9 July, cost approx. £50-60/head (tbc)
- Cubs: SUMMER CAMP at Drum Hill near Derby, 22/7/17-25/7/17
- Scouts: SUMMER CAMP at Drum Hill near Derby, 30/7/17-5/8/17, cost £150/head (tbc)
Uniformed Scouting starts NEXT week.
- Scouts will restart Monday 12th and Thursday 15th September.
- Cubs will restart Tuesday 13th and Wednesday 14th September.
- Beavers will restart Thursday 15th also
Any Scouts want to TRY CANOE POLO?
Tandridge Canoe Club starts fortnightly Canoe Polo on Sunday 18 Sep 2016, 5–8pm at Tandridge Leisure Pool, Oxted. Call Mrs Christine Norris 01883 715902 or click here for details.
Situations vacant….the Group needs a Groundsman, a Quartermaster, a “Bike Sale Champion”, and most of all, an assistant Beaver leader and at least two Assistant Scout leaders. 100% pay rise available for all volunteers!!