The 1st Oxted Scout Group continues to grow and provides safe and fun youth activities in the local community for over 150 young people. But demand for Scouting remains high, and in order to ensure that our safe and fun programme can continue, the Group needs help from still more people.
We welcome volunteer assistance in any area, but in the following areas, for the continuance of our work into next year and beyond, we need to identify people who can assist us in the following areas:
1) treasury – handling funds and monies, subscriptions and accounting
2) administration – dealing with rotas, training records, DBS checks etc, and a Group Secretary.
3) Beavers – at least two or three persons to work with beavers in uniform – 1730-1830 Tuesdays and Thursdays
4) Scouts – at least two or three persons to work with Scouts in uniform – 1915-2100 Mondays and Thursdays
5) General assistance anywhere and everywhere – from being a groundsman, to helping out with youth activities as a parent helper
Training and appropriate ID checks are provided at no cost to you. Commitment can be time-limited, and it is on your terms – according to the requirements of your health, your family and your work.
As for every single one of us, we can honestly say that it has been tremendous fun and we have got a great deal of satisfaction out of Scouting. Yes, there is hard work; yes, there are challenges, but at the end of the day, helping out with Scouting is worth it if even just one youngster gets to do something they might never have done otherwise, as a result of your help or ours.
Nick Hough (Group Scout Leader) & Adrienne Seaman (Chairman and email@example.com)