Scouts are arranged into Patrols of between 4 and 7 youngsters; each Patrol is led by a Patrol Leader and an Assistant Patrol Leader.
The Patrol Leader (PL) and Assistant Patrol Leader (APL) are normally Scouts who have shown some form of ability and aptitude in leadership. They are generally selected for promotion by the adult leaders of the Troop, in consultation, as appropriate, with existing senior Scouts.
Not all Scouts can be promoted to Assistant Patrol Leader or Patrol Leader. Which Scouts do we promote?
- Scouts that are helpful at all times;
- Scouts who are enthusiastic and committed to the Troop;
- Scouts who have a positive attitude– not just for the activities they enjoy most;
- Scouts that are smart with the correct uniform;
- Scouts that have strong attendance and arrive on time;
- Scouts that attend St George’s Day and Remembrance Day parades;
- Scouts that want to take on more responsibility.